Buddy program is quite simple. Every new joinee is associated with one of the employee who is from the same project and associated with company since few years and knows about company policy, culture, who is who and project details. This person is called Buddy of that new joinee.
During few initial months new joinee is reserved as he tries to understand the organization. Buddy helps new joinee in many ways. some of the them are listed below.
- Helping him to understand culture of company.
- Helping him to understand how small to small processes work in company.
- Helping him to understand basis rules and regulations.
- Helping him to understand small project details.
- Helping him to settle down in the system.
- Ensure you ask employees to nominate themselves to be buddy of new joinees. This has to be volunteer and not forced.
- Ensure that you select right person who is engaged with organization and satisfied as Buddy else you he can impact new joinees in negative way.
- Keep taking feedback from new joinee in between so that you know the progress.
- Take feedback from manager also on new joinees and see how this system working.
- At the end of the Buddy program, do take written feedback. Download copy of feedback questions format
- Keep duration of buddy program for 2-3 months. Too long and short duration will also not give desired result.
If you are really serious about learning HR and want to grow then visit our web page LEARN HR THROUGH PRACTICAL IMPLEMENTATION
Visit HR Forum for your other queries : http://hrsuccesstalk.com/forum/
Join us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/HR-SUCCESS-TALK/555022717854041